Laws and shipping regulations regarding powder and handloading components are constantly changing. As the consumer, it is important to be aware of federal, state and local regulations regarding the online purchasing of powder and handloading components. Prior to ordering powder, please ensure compliance with all laws and regulations in your city, county and state.
- We understand some localities or states may allow powder shipments to consumers with specific types of certifications or identification. Hodgdon Powder Company reserves the right to impose additional shipping restrictions on a specific state. As an example, due to state shipping restriction and identification requirements, we are unable to ship to the state of Massachusetts.
- Hodgdon will ship via UPS at the standard shipping rate to each address. Shipping cost will vary by destination and will be calculated at the time of checkout.
- Smokeless powder is considered a hazardous material and incur hazmat charges.
- Powder shipments will only be shipped via UPS ground service and cannot be expedited.
- Powder shipments are restricted to the continental United States. Powder cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or anywhere outside the continental United States.
- Hodgdon Powder Company will pass through the $19.99 per package HazMat charge from UPS to the customer.
- UPS can only deliver to a physical address, so please do not enter a P.O. box.
- UPS may require a signature on all hazardous material shipments and will not allow these shipments to be redirected to an alternative address once the product is shipped.
- We will always attempt to configure the package to help optimize the shipment at the lowest possible cost.
- To save consumers, Hodgdon will combine up to 50 pounds of powder under one shipment. Due to a recent change in UPS shipping policies, packages over 50lbs will incur a $12.00 Shipping Surcharge. This means that we will have to limit the amount of actual weight of Hazardous Materials to 40lbs per HazMat box to ensure that there is enough of a buffer to meet the overpacking requirement by UPS and FedEx. If your order must go in more than one box an additional hazardous materials charge of $19.99 may be charged.
- In the checkout process, our shipping computer will calculate the appropriate sales tax for consumer purchases. At this time, we are unable to collect documentation of tax certificates to avoid paying taxes.
- All products ship from our fulfillment center in Tennessee.
- All orders have tracking information. As soon as assigned, Hodgdon will email a shipping confirmation, including the UPS tracking number, to each customer order.
- In normal business times, Hodgdon will ship all orders within 10 business days. Business Days are defined as Monday through Friday and exclude major US holidays.
- Certain remote locations within the continental U.S. may require additional business days for delivery.
- For safety and regulatory reasons, Hodgdon is unable to accept ANY powder returns.
- Please double check your powder order before placing an order as returns are not permitted.
- Hodgdon technicians are available at (913) 362-9455 during Hodgdon business hours to help determine the type of powder that should be used for your needs.